Mercedes-Benz Trucks launched the most efficient long-haul truck in South Africa, recently.
According to Mercedes-Benz Trucks, the Actros Mp4 achieves up to 7% in fuel savings globally. But that is not all, here are none highlights we love about the new truck:
- New Actros: sets a new standard as the most efficient truck, delivering on its promise of RoadEfficiency by looking at the sum of the details.
- New StreamSpace Cab – Tested extensively in the wind tunnel resulting in the most aerodynamic shape yet
- Advanced new engines and optimised drivetrain – New Euro III (OM460) and Euro V (OM471) engines with the new Mercedes-Benz PowerShift 3 transmission resulting in 50% faster shift times and fuel savings of up to 7% globally.
- Tested locally – the vehicle was tested under extreme local conditions and full loads and returned a fuel saving of 6% in South Africa.
- Increased service Intervals – flexible service intervals, ensuring that maximum value is utilised out of all service components leading to less wastage and lower maintenance costs, resulting in up to 6% lower maintenance rates and service intervals up to 50,000 km for Euro III and up to 80,000km for Euro V vehicles.
- Greater Safety – five new safety assistant s Active Brake Assist 4, the world’s first emergency brake assistance system in the transport sector which can detect moving pedestrians. It is part of the comprehensive list of standard safety equipment on all Fuel Specification (Hazardous Goods) vehicles.
- High Reliability – the new Actros has covered more than 16 million test kilometres in South Africa during development at the East-London plant’s engine durability test department, in addition to more than 60 million test kilometres covered globally.
- Uptime – Fleetboard® Vehicle analysis provides intelligent vehicle data for maximised vehicle availability and use.
- FleetBoard® & FleetBoard® Eco Support – Fleetboard Eco Support provides effective driver support in real time by displaying tips on a consumption-reducing driving style in the instrument cluster during the journey. Fleetboard® and Fleetboard® Eco Support are standard on all new Actros models.